Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E) Customers
Almost any PG&E customer can now connect Rainforest Automation devices to their PG&E SmartMeter™.
More information on PG&E’s HAN programs can be found here.
Getting started with PG&E SmartMeters™
- Ensure you are eligible before ordering from us. Log in to your My Energy account at pge.com. Click on “Additional Services”, and select “Stream My Data”.
- From the Stream My Data dashboard you will be able to see if your meter is eligible (there will be a “Register New Device” link located next to it). If your smart meter is not eligible, please contact PG&E at [email protected] or call 1-877-743-4357, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-7 p.m. You may be eligible for a meter upgrade to participate.
- With an eligible smart meter, you can order our device from our online store.
- Once you receive your device, click the “Register New Device” link located next to your meter on the Stream My Data dashboard, where you can enter the MACid and INstallcode located on the device and device packaging.
- If the device does not successfully pair the first time, wait a bit and try again later. The meter network may be having issues pairing the device.